Friday, June 8, 2012

Rococo (Reimagined)

Are any of you familiar with this charming painting by Jean-Honore Fragonard? It's a classic Rococo style painting called The Swing from 1768, and probably one of the more famous paintings done in the Rococo style. Anyways, today I came across something that made me laugh out loud:  
This awesome rendition by one of my favorite illustrators, Kate Beaton. She has done a lot of work for Walrus Magazine as well as creating a hilarious online comic called Hark! A Vagrant. Her humor is based around history, literature and art, and is one of my favorite online comics to read. Do you have any favorite online comics or illustrators that you follow regularly? I find they keep me inspired and cut the stress of every day life with their slices of humor.

1 comment:

Comment